Texas Tech Public Media serves as PBS and NPR stations across West Texas—including KTTZ-TV (Lubbock), KTTZ-FM (Lubbock), KNCH-FM (San Angelo), and KCOS-TV (El Paso).
What we do is encapsulated in our vision. We are a local public media company for the people of West Texas. We make a difference in the education of every child. Our local storytelling provides context to complex stories. We share our love of music and the arts. We spark the imagination of a fresh generation of creative thinkers and doers.
LUBBOCK - KTTZ Radio Station, 89.1 FM | PART TIME
The multimedia journalist produces, reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and/or feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. The position promotes a favorable and consistent image of the department and the university for internal and external audiences, and champions the accomplishments of students, faculty, and/or staff.
Serve as a local audio reporter who will be responsible for producing short and feature-length audio stories for digital and audio. Work alongside the newsroom to conceptualize and produce news stories for radio and digital platforms. Proactively participates in the creative cycle of content creation with reporters and supervisor. Guides all projects through the production process to meet or exceed deadline, quality and distribution requirements. Selects and researches topics; contacts and interviews sources; maintains notes and audio recording; writes and edits stories; produces audio for air.
EL PASO - KCOS Television Station, Ch. 13 | FULL TIME
Performs managerial work providing direction and guidance in setting and achieving goals and objectives; developing policies; reviewing guidelines, procedures, rules, and regulations; establishing priorities, standards, and measurement tools for determining progress in meeting goals; coordinating and evaluating program activities; and establishing and monitoring budgets. May plan, assign, and supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Research, create proposals, solicit prospective underwriting proposals to generate revenue for PBS El Paso. Ensure successful underwriting and development campaigns to include securing and maintaining proper documentation and processes to include contracts, traffic reports and more. Execution of logistics related to organization events including solicitation of in-kind donations, communication with partners and vendors, venue layout and planning and more. Coordination of membership initiatives and benefits to include Family Circle and Passport. Conduct cross-functional activities with other departments to include marketing, production, administration in an effort to satisfy partner needs and follow organizational best practices and policies. Research, identify and follow-up with potential partners for future fundraising, underwriting or community outreach events. Maintain and build upon relationships with existing and prospective donors, referral sources, community partners and organizations.
LUBBOCK - KTTZ Television Station, Ch. 5 | FULL TIME
Performs technical and specialized work in the operation and maintenance of audio and video transmission equipment. Work is performed indoors and outdoors with the use of various audio, video production, computer, and electronic equipment.
- Will perform duties including, but not limited to, troubleshoot, maintain, aid in installation of broadcast equipment and systems associated with the University’s broadcast Television and Radio stations.
- Troubleshooting of all station systems; the removal and replacement of defective components. Using test and measurement equipment.
- Maintenance of IT and computer systems; Broadcast Automation systems, server-based video and audio servers.
- Setup and maintenance of fiber optic systems; satellite systems; master control equipment, studio equipment and editing systems.
- Overnight travel to San Angelo and El Paso as needed for repairing or installing radio and TV broadcast equipment.
- Assist in repair of Radio and TV transmitters including signal path and remote-control equipment, as needed under direction of Director of Engineering. Wiring and Installation of racked equipment.
LUBBOCK - KTTZ Radio Station, 89.1 FM | FULL TIME
Manages a sub unit within a department. Plans, organizes and develops goals and procedures. Represents the sub unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters. Supervises subordinate staff.
- Oversee a strategic major underwriting program, meeting annual revenue and moving prospects through the cultivation/solicitation cycle
- Serves as an appropriate representative of Texas Tech Public Media to the public. Plans, coordinates and directs activities to secure and maintain underwriting for Texas Tech Public Media from various entities
- Brings in new corporate support revenue to reach development goals
- Coordinates strategies with membership and development colleagues to secure corporate, foundation, grants and private funding for the station’s operations and programs
- Devise and systematically test new and creative engagement and cultivation strategies to ensure best practices. Develop these strategies in concert with the management team
- Facilitate discussions among Texas Tech Public Media staff about development opportunities
- Takes the lead in executing corporate support fundraising and events. Interacts with donor/members over the phone, e-mail, and in person to develop and deepen relationships through formal and informal stewardship
- Identify philanthropic opportunities within the community; actively participate in cultivation plans with development, sales staff and production