Step 1: Create a PBS Account
Before getting started with downloading the PBS App Channel, you'll need to make sure that you have a PBS account.
- Be sure to use your personal email when signing up with PBS
- To create an account please click here
- If you already have an account, please move on to step 2
Step 2: Search for the PBS Video App
In Step 1, you'll need to locate the PBS App in the Apple TV App Store.
- To download the PBS Video, click on App Store
- Type in PBS Video on the search bar
- Click PBS Video
Step 3: Install the PBS Video App on Your Apple TV
Once you've found the PBS App, you'll be able to add the channel to your library by downloading the application.
After you've added the PBS App, you'll be able to open it once it finishes downloading.
- Click Install
- The channel will now appear on your main screen
- Click Open to access PBS Video
Step 4: Activate Your PBS App Channel
Open your PBS App Channel, you will need to activate Passport with a unique activation key in order to watch with Passport.
To find where to apply your unique activation key on the PBS website, please proceed to Step 5.
- Open the PBS Video App
- Click Activate on your Apple TV
- An activation code will be displayed on the screen
- Once you have your activation code, proceed to step 4 to use it on the PBS website
Step 5: Go to pbs.org/activate on Your Mobile or Desktop Device
Once you have your unique activation code, please go to your desktop or mobile device that's connected to the internet.
You'll need to open up a web browser and type in the url bar: pbs.org/activate.
Step 6: Enter Your Unique Activation Key
After the page loads, you'll be ask to type in your unique activation code on the website.
Click the white text box space next to the blue button, and type in your code. Once you've typed in your code, click Continue.
Step 7: Sign in to Your PBS Account
You're all done!
- Sign in with your PBS Account, Facebook Account, or Google Account
- Go back to PBS Video App on your Apple TV and select a program to start watching with KTTZ Passport!